Internal Audit’s purpose is to add value and improve municipality’s operations. And also to help the municipality accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
- Evaluating controls and advising management
- Evaluating risks
- Analysing operations and confirming information
- Reviewing compliance with legislation at Ngaka Modiri Molema District Municipality, Tswaing Local Municipality, Ramotshere Moiloa Local Municipality, Ditsobotla Local Municipality and Mahikeng Local Municipality
Brief Description of the Unit
The Internal Audit Shared Service was established in July 2004. The unit consists of fifteen (15) Officials,
- Chief Audit Executive
- Secretary to the Chief Audit Executive
- 4 X Audit Executives
- 2 X Senior Internal Auditors
- 7 X Internal Auditors.
The unit reports administratively to the Municipal Manager and functionally to District Shared Audit Committee.
Key Performance Area
- Preparation of Internal Audit’s three year rolling strategic plan and annual risk based plan.
- Conduct audits at Ngaka Modiri Molema District Municipality, Tswaing Local Municipality, Ramotshere Moiloa Local Municipality, Ditsobotla Local Municipality and Mahikeng Local Municipality.
- Facilitate development of risk assessment report and risk registers
- Presentation of quarterly Internal Audit reports to the Accounting Officer, Audit Committee and Performance Audit Committee
- Provide secretarial function to the Audit Committee.
The Unit Provides these audits:
- Regulatory and Compliance audits
- Performance Information audits
- Financial audits
- Information Technology audits
- Consulting Services
Support from other Departments
- Business processes
- Performance management
- Financial management
- Human resource management